Flickr/Yahoo just added Facebook Connect and Google OAuth support to their sign-in, this is great, coz now I no longer needs a Yahoo! account to use Flickr. (I assume you all loathe Yahoo! as much as I do right?)
Here’s how to change your Flickr account from your Yahoo! ID to your Google or Facebook account:
- sign into Flickr with your Yahoo! account if you’re not already logged in
- go to http://www.flickr.com/account/transfer/
- hit “use existing Yahoo! ID”:
- Hit “sign in as a different user”:
- Choose Google, or Facebook (if you must):
- signin and authorize your Google or Google Apps email and password, or if you chose Facebook, you probably will see a familiar oauth authorization window requesting some permissions
- Click the “Okay, do it” button:
Thanks for the info. Finally I can drop my Yahoo email.
Thank you! I think it kind of worked… I never got the last screen after I logged in through Google, but I did receive an email letting me know my Google account has been linked with my Flickr. Now I'm just trying to un-link it from my Yahoo account.
Beware here folks….if you Google Account was created with a birthdate that makes you less than 18 years old, FLICKRs ability to make you "searchable" goes away. This may affect various 3rd party API-accessing utilities.
However, this transfer tool helped me in the OTHER direction … migrating my FLICKR authentication from Google to Yahoo (flickr). On Yahoo I can actually change my age. So it gets around the Age Check for searchable profiles.