5. Say you are hard of hearing and see how loud they will shout into the phone.
4. Keep repeating, “I knew you were going to say that”.
3. Allow the telemarketer to fully explain his offer. When he is finished explain that his company hired you to randomly spot check telemarketers on their performance. Tell him that he did a good job overall, but that he is a bit monotone and needs to fluctuate his tone of voice more to sound convincing. He also should pause longer between sentences, and more clearly pronounce the letter ‘s’. Tell him you won?t report him if he repeats his speech to you with the appropriate corrections. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
2. Every few minutes repeat, “You?re going to have to bear with me, I have a slight short term memory loss problem, who is this again?”
1. Mid pitch, stop him and complement him on his wonderful voice. Explain that you are a voiceover scout and might have a breakthrough commercial job for him. Ask if he wouldn?t mind doing a quick test. Ask him to say in a deep husky voice “May cause dizziness, diarrhea, vomiting and shortness of breath. A small number of participants in a recent clinical trial experienced weight loss, irregular clotting, abnormally frequent and/or painful urination and hair loss. Results may vary”
Funny Story dot CC – Top 5 Things to Do When a Telemarketer Calls
Blogged with Flock