I want a decent P&S coz lugging my SLR around isn’t all that convenient, to put my money where my mouth is, I pre-ordered the Fujifilm F50fd 2 weeks ago. From the specs this thing is exactly what I want:
- ISO 6400; in ISO 3200 the res drops down to 6MP, and in 6400 it drops down to 3MP. But 3/6MP sharp pics >> 12MP blurry ones.
- CCD-shift image stabilization,
- 12M effective px,
- full manual,
- aperture-priority and shutter-priority exposure modes,
- quick response time and 5fps at 3MP,
- VGA movie capture with sound for possibly making some waywt videos,
- and face detection is semi-useful when you ask others to help take your snapshots.
- all this for under $300!
Fuji’s F50fd page
Will report back when I get it. I still wish it would record in RAW so I can do so much more with the pics. I am also keeping an eye on the new Panasonic cameras, I have plenty of time to cancel the F50fd pre-order. 🙂