so you wanna stop Rakuten email newsletters/spams?

Rakuten is a great site and if I don’t see the shit I need in the U.S. shops, or if none of them got the size I need, I usually just order directly from a Rakuten store. (and if none of the Rakuten stores that ship to U.S. got the shit I want, it becomes a problem and I would have to find a forum member doing pickup service in Japan, or use celga, juno, or spe)

Anyway, when you create an account at Rakuten they automatically subscribe you to their mailing list. There might’ve been an option to opt-out during registration but since I don’t read Japanese I didn’t want to risk checking off checkboxes I don’t understand what they were for. I just got another email and at the bottom there was a link to unsubscribe:

ishot-3.jpg

Click on that link will bring you to a page with 2 links, it looks like this:

stop_rakuten_news.jpg

Click on the second link, it will then bring you to a page with a bunch of checkboxes, don’t check or uncheck any of them, just click on the submit button at the bottom. This should unsubscribe you to their newsletters. :)

Technorati Tags: , ,

6 Responses to so you wanna stop Rakuten email newsletters/spams?

1. hollaforadolla February 27, 2007 at 6:22 pm #

THANK YOU! WOW i get SOO much spam from them

2. Ron June 24, 2008 at 4:24 am #

Spe Japan Shopping Service is DOPE!!

3. Anonymous June 16, 2009 at 6:15 am #

I found this page through google so I thought I’d leave a comment here on how to stop the “service” once you’re already receiving five thousand messages a day. So here goes:

Go to

enter username and password, on the next page there is some checkboxes in the bottom. Untick those (leave the dropdown menus to the left as they are) and click the button below that has 変新 written on it.

4. jim June 5, 2012 at 2:52 am #

I live in japan and Rakuten is notorious for their SPAM. Shame on you rakuten.

5. Rich July 5, 2012 at 12:50 am #

Thanks!

6. Noname March 13, 2013 at 6:23 am #

Their "unsubscribe" page is so stupid … tells you both ways. "Check this box to unsubscribe" and the lower in the game "check boxes that you want to subscribe to" and click submit. Never seen something so inept for a large company.

I'm just marking it all spam with GMail … if enough people get tired of their shit, they will lose the ability to send mail to GMail accounts.