well, if this is true it will further reiterate my view on the false sense of stability when you’re hiding in a big company.
- No developers are being hired in the U.S., all new hires are in India.
- As many as 7,000 developers in the U.S. could be laid off.
- The bulk of the layoffs will happen in Feb.
- Large group in the Siebel FG&A group will be let go when that acquisition closes. About 16% of the total Siebel workforce will be let go.
- Severence for Siebel employees will be 6 months, Oracle folks will get 1 week for each year of service.
- No layoffs in sales, support, or consulting.